Sunday, April 15, 2007
Quick post game 3 thoughts for both game 2 and 3:
- Here we go again. Anthem booing seems to pop up on an annual basis. Why can't some morons make the distinction between booing players and booing anthems? Do these moreons not realize that many of their players, including most of their best ones, are Canadian? Anyway, I'm not going to dignify it by spending any more time thinking or writing about it, but I hope Sens fans have the sense not to boo the Star Spangled banner before Game 5.
- The Eaves hit was unfortunate, but clean. Hopefully the concussion is not too severe.
- Redden and Meszaros need to be nailed to the bench. Meszaros has been particularly putrid. He's jumpy and afraid to take a hit.
- Corvo has been monsterous. After getting over his early self-doubt, he got better as the season went on and has been outstanding in this series. While he kouldn't convert on his break tonight, he's been excellent bringing the puck up, holding the line, and even solid in his own end.
- I am, or possibly my wife is, the cooler for the Sens. The Sens were about 3-8 during the regular season when I was there and sure enough, I was there for the game 2 loss yesterday.
- Alfie!!! Finally having a good playoff
- Pump down the volume. Option 1: TEAM 1200 - too far out of synch. Option 2: CBC- Bob Cole and Greg Millen. 'Nuff said, no thank you. Option 3: RDS Best of a bad lot, but at times the Pengiuins are the only team on the ice. Final verdict: pump down the volume.