<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 22, 2005

I missed most of the Sens game for that?! 

That was possibly the most frustrating game I've watched in my time as a Gades fan, which is really saying something considering some of the real stinkers the team has put up over the last couple of years. Why must they shit their pants every time they need a win? A team with a playoff spot on the lie against a team already auditioning for next year starting a QB signed 3 weeks ago and starting his first game. The defence forced 5 turnovers in the first half and the offence can't take a lead to the half? Not free of guilt, the defence made its share of massive mistakes too. In the second half, as things continued to get worse, I had to flip to the Sens game for long periods to turn away from the train wreck.

I won't even get started on Tay Cody's late hit on Pat Woodcock.

One positive I can take out of this game is that I'm not going to feel as guilty about missing the Toronto game.

That felt good to vent. Time to move on.

Now that the Renegades playoff hopes are effectively, if not mathematically quite yet, ended, it's time to turn my attention to the Sens brilliant opening to the season.

Led by newly minted scoring sensation Chris Neil (Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley, and Hasek haven't been too shabby either) the Sens are off to a 6-0 start and showed no rust (at least in the snippets I saw in flipping from the Gades game a bit) despite a wonky early schedule that gave them the last week off (if only that week off could have come in February). The season's looking so bright for the Sens, they've gotta wear shaded visors.