<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Batman steals another (+Lynx stuff) 

Holy shit. What a game.

The 67s and Kelowna Rockets fought it out in the longest game in Memorial Cup history, and by the time the dust finally settled after Brad Staubitz hammered one home deep into a second OT, Danny Battochio had stopped 62 shots, including a few he had no business stopping and the 67s had escaped with a 3-2 win over the Rockets .

Jes Golbez is one of my favourite hockey bloggers out there but he deserves to get thumped with a barber pole for this heresy:

Whoever designed the 67s uniforms should be arrested and bullwhipped for Sartorial Abuse. These things are truly offensive to my eyeballs.
Fortunately, all is forgiven for posting this gem earlier this week.

---

As mentioned below, potential future (gonna take a few more years of putting up numbers) HOFer Frank Thomas was in town on a rehab assignment earlier this week. I made it to the game on Wednesday to see a 1-5 performance. Although the numbers don't show it, he hit the ball hard a couple of times (nearly to the track in centre in his first at bat) and stuck out spectacularly a couple of other times, spurring some wisecracks from the crowd, which got a laugh out of the big hurt.

One other thing I noticed about Thomas was that his stance was much different than I thought. Not that I get to see the White Sox much, but for some reason I always thought that he had a wide open stance. Instead, his feet were almost together and his stance was closed.

---

I was in the car for a few moments on Friday evening during the TEAM1200's broadacast of the Lynx game. Or maybe that should be the TEAM1200's brodcast *from* the Lynx game. While maybe I just caught a bad inning, the broadcast consisted mostly of talk radio with an occasional update of the goings on in the field. For example, I was in the car (and they were talking) for 2-3 minutes before I found out that, oh yeah, we interrupt this banter to bring you the news that, no big deal here, but there are runners at first and third and there's a 3-2 count on the hitter.

Glad you could tear yourself away from that banter, fellas.

All the more reason just to show up at the ballpark, I guess.