<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Battle of Ontario, take IV? 

As I start this writing, Sergei Samsonov has just scored to give the Bruins a 3-0 lead over the Devils in the first period. Barring a huge comeback, it looks like the Sens are heading for another playoff clash with the Leafs.

I won't say much about last night's debacle. I was lucky enough to miss it due to a prior engagement, and although I taped it, I'm not enough of a masochist to go and review it in detail at this point.

BlackRedGold quantifies what I've always noticed in general. The Sens get hosed anytime Bill McCreary is the referee. Thanks for putting together the numbers BRG.

However, while it's easy to blame shoddy refereeing, this loss obviously goes well beyond that. By all accounts the Senators simply didn't show up. The question now is whether it's a random no-show, post road trip exhaustion, or symptom of a continuing problem with the Leafs in big games.